* Click: links in bold will take you directly to the resources.
1. Plenary Speaker at Northeastern Seminary’s B.T. Robert’s Symposium. In March 2019.
Topic: Immigration and the Church
2. Welcomed and Beloved
(March 8, 2015 St. Andrew’s UMC)
1. “Community Chaste: It Takes a Church to Lead People to Sexual Integrity” interview in Christianity Today’s February 2012 print issue
2. “Q & A: Mark and Grace Driscoll on Sex for the 21st-Century Christian” interview in Christianity Today’s January 2012 online issue
Christianity Today’s Her.meneutics Blog
You can find all my posts from Her.meneutics here.
Christianity Today’s Gifted for Leadership Blog
January 20, 2014
Christian leaders struggle with all sorts of temptations. We fool ourselves if we think otherwise. It’s how we handle those temptations that determine whether or not lives will be destroyed. Often when we think of Christian leaders and their…
January 13, 2014
In an op-ed column in the New York Times, Frank Bruni had these admiring words to say about Pope Francis on the heels of the pontiff’s interview with Fr. Anthony Spadaro, S.J.: “It was the sweetness in his timbre,…
January 9, 2014
I remember sitting at the lunch table with one of my friends in college when he dropped a bomb on me: “I’d say that at least 50 percent of the Bible majors are addicted to porn.” “What? You mean…
January 25, 2012
I know it’s a little late to be serving up a 2011 retrospective. The new year? That was so three weeks ago. Well, I would have done this earlier, but we’ve been making a big transition here at Gifted…
August 16, 2011
In a recent article in the Huffington Post, Cathleen Falsani asks readers to list three of the top evangelical women leaders under sixty. Falsani contends it’s hard to do and the title of her post suggests the reason why: “Jesus…
- Rachel Held Evans’s blog: “Why I Fasted for Families.”
- Micha Boyett’s Mama Monk blog: “One Good Phrase (May You Flourish).”
- The Banner Magazine “Waiting on God.”
- The Conversations Journal Blog “Sending Spectral Fears Into Flight”
- The Conversations Journal Blog “Forced Desert Retreats”
- The Conversations Journal Blog “Wilderness Cell”
- The Clergy Journal: Two homilies for Advent 2010 and two homilies for Lent 2011 (four total)
- “A Hundred Times as Much” published in the book Macchiato Moments: A Circle of Friends Devotion.
- “Smoke Signals—God Doesn’t Disregard Our Prayers” Our Circle of Friends Blog