1. Live lives free of contempt and anger (Matthew 5:21-26).
2. Live lives free from the domination of sexual lust and disgust .
3. Live lives free of the desire to dominate and control verbally (Matthew 5:33-37).
4. Live lives free from grudges and ‘fairness’ and paying back evil.
5. Live lives where we are able to love our enemies (for most of us, difficult people) and those who
curse us (Matthew 5:43-48).
6. Live lives where we do not perform for human credit (Matthew 6:1-18).
7. Live lives where we do not trust in physical substances (ex. money – Matthew 6:19-34).
8. Live lives where we do not manage others by condemnation or what Dallas Willard calls
condemnation engineering (Matthew 7:1-2).
Through the grace of God, lives and love in the Christian community, and with practice of the spiritual disciplines, we can over time become such people. I have many more notes from the institute retreat, but these are the first I thought I’d share. Blessings and I hope to hear from some of you soon!